Friday, May 17, 2013

Diabetes Blog Challenge: Freaky Friday


Just like in the movie, today we’re doing a swap. If you could switch chronic diseases, which one would you choose to deal with instead of diabetes? And while we’re considering other chronic conditions, do you think your participation in the DOC has affected how you treat friends and acquaintances with other medical conditions?

Freaky Friday:

If I had to choose a chronic disease for my boys instead of Diabetes, I guess I'd choose Eczema.  I don't have it, but I know a few who do.  It's unsightly at times.  It may itch.  You gotta buy some creams and make sure not to eat allergen-triggering foods.  No disrespect, but SO WHAT!  I'll take it!  At least it can't kill you if you mess up!  

But, the ultimate Freaky Friday for me would be to trade places with my sons.  I'd take their disease and bear that cross myself if I could.  If it meant they'd never have to check their sugars or get a shot, I'd take Diabetes from them!  I'd give them my pancreas if it were possible. Unfortunately, I can't.  

It's their cross to bear, and since I can't take it away or fix it, I have to nurture them now, and teach them to manage their disease as best as possible when they're grown.

Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment