Saturday, June 8, 2013

Livin' on a Prayer

Shame on me!  It's been almost a month since I blogged.  What have my readers done in my absence?

To be honest, when the mini-stroke of genius hit that triggered my "Wanted Dead or Alive" lyric change (on Diabetes Blog Challenge Week), the wheels kept turning and churned this one out, too.  I just held onto as I didn't think it was as good as "Wanted".

Regardless, Bon Jovi is coming back to Dallas the day before my birthday in October.  (How old, you ask?  I'm hangin' on to 35 for awhile.  Oh, I don't look that old?!  Ah, shucks, thanks!).  I digress.  Anyways, that is also 5 days before my twins' 9th birthday.  They have been dying to go see Bon Jovi with Mommy, and they were totally excited for (but jealous of) big brother Jace who got to go prior to his birthday in the Spring.  I landed 3 tickets, so I'm going to go out on a limb, take the boys on a school night (*gasp*), and hope that Diabetes cooperates so my boys can have the experience of a lifetime....seeing live what Mommy has played for them since birth, seeing live the guys they've only heard and seen on TV.  I've got four months to convince Mr. Diabetes to play along for 3 hours, but I don't trust him.  He's already proven to be a traitor!

(Oh, and it's a surprise, so shhhh!  If you say anything around them, I'm going to treat you like you belong in the looney bin!)

So, since Jovi's on the mind, here's my other "artistry".  Enjoy!

Living On a Prayer

Once upon a time, now every day it’s so

Mommy used to sleep through the night
Pancreases went on strike
Her twins’ crappy luck, it’s tough.  So tough.
Daddy works the Railroad all day
Working for the meds
He brings home his pay for love. For love.

She says, “We’ve got to hold them and give them a shot
Because it makes a difference if we treat it or not
We’re in this together and that’s a lot for love
We give lots of shots
Oh, we’re always there, living on a prayer
Take their hands, they’ll make it I swear
Living on a prayer

Mommy has her stomach in knots
Barely holding on when she used to feel so tough.  It’s tough.
She wants Diabetes to go away
When she cries in the night, Daddy says, “Baby, it’s okay”

We need to find a cure, ready or not,
Because it makes all the difference if they make it or not
We’ve got each other, and that’s a lot for love
We give lots of shots
We want a cure, Livin’ on a Prayer
Hold their hands, they’ll make it I swear
Livin’ on a Prayer

We’ve got to hold on
Ready or not
We Walk for a Cure
Because it’s all that we got

We want a cure, Livin’ on a Prayer
Hold their hands, they’ll make it I swear


Livin’ on a Prayer

Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment