Saturday, January 30, 2016

Survey Says

Survey Says

I don’t always get into “Repost this if you love your children”, “Like if you want a cure for Cancer” (or other attention-seeking posts) or surveys on Facebook, but I thought this one was kind of cute.  Granted, my “babies” are 11; I realize the answers would have been much funnier if they were 4, but I’m working with what I have.
I posed these questions to the twins.  Here are their answers:

Without ANY prompting ask your kids these questions. It's a great way to see what they think. Copy and repost
Asa & Aiden, Age 11.
1.      What is something I always say to you? 
I love you
(I really thought they would say “Check your blood sugar” or “Brush your teeth”.  Glad they hear “I love you” more than my nagging!)

2. What makes me happy? 
When we’re quiet.
(So much makes me happy, like good sugars, brushed teeth, good grades in school, decent behavior.  Quiet helps, too!)

3. What makes me sad?
Nothing makes you sad.
(I guess they don’t see me cry much really.  I try to keep too many negative emotions off their childhood plates.  Diabetes makes me sad…A LOT!)

4. How do I make you laugh? 
Asa says, by telling my awesome jokes!
(Admittedly, he’s a very funny kid, and he does make me laugh a lot!)

5. What was I like as a child? 
*I don’t remember how they answered this one* 

6. How old am I? 
41
(Can’t fool them anymore.  For the longest time, I had them convinced I was 29, which is odd since I was 30 when they were born.  Now, their math skills are too strong to blow that one by them!)

7. How tall am I? 
5’5”. 
(Yep, that’s it.  No secret)

8. What is my favorite thing to do?
Sleeping, and spending time with us
(Since I work so hard and Diabetes takes so much….yes, yes I like to sleep.  Spending fun times with them is great, too, because one day my nest will be empty)

9. What do I do when you're not around? 
Sleep
(See #8)

10. What am I really good at? 
Cooking
(Seeing how they reject a more-than-fair percentage of the meals I cook, I was a bit surprised by this response)

11. What am I not very good at? 
You’re good at everything.
(I beg to differ.  I can think of a good list of things I suck at)

12. What do I do for a job? 
Nurse

13. What is my favorite food?
Mexican food
(And one of the many reasons I am carrying too much weight right now!)

14. What do you enjoy doing with me?
Taking Walks and cuddling
(True story!).

So, have a little fun and ask your kid, too!
Rhonda


No comments:

Post a Comment